GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR LOCAL LEGEND PROMOTION
Local Winner: Each participating Marston’s pub will choose one entry/nomination as their top “local legend” winner. All winning local legends will then form a shortlist and be in with a chance of winning the Main Prize
Main Winner: One “local legend” from the shortlist produced by the participating pubs will be crowned the overall winning “local legend” and will have their local Marston’s pub temporarily re-named in their honour, plus a commemorative beer and pump clip will be produced.
Opening Date/Time: Nominations open at 9.00am on 14th September 2020
Closing Date/Time: Nominations close at 11.59pm on 27th September 2020
No. of Entries: One nomination per person
Any nomination criteria: Be as creative in your nomination as you like! However, all nominees must be aged 18 or over and when asked, nominees must separately consent to their nomination as set out in these terms
- The Promoter is Marston's PLC (company number 00031461) (trading as “Marston’s Pubs & Bars,”) with its registered office at Marston’s House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton WV1 4JT (the "Promoter").
How to Enter/nominate
- Participating Marston’s pubs are inviting their guests (that’s you!) to nominate a friend, family member, workmate or anyone else who they think is worthy of the title of “Local Legend”. Nominations can be for anything you like (from someone who has demonstrated admirable community spirit during lockdown to someone who can flip a beer mat and catch it with one hand!) Please ensure that all nominees (and entrants) are aged 18 or over.
- To nominate, simply complete the nomination form which can be found here locallegends.marstons.co.uk
(“Website”) and select your local participating pub from the dropdown list.
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland) aged 18 or over, including Marston’s employees, but excluding any employees (and their immediate families/households) who are professionally involved with this promotion. All nominees must also be aged 18 or over and be a resident of the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland).
- Nominations are only valid if submitted via the Website, so internet access is required to participate.
- Entrants must not use a false name or email or provide any false information when using the Website / entering the promotion. Entries by email, post or facsimile will not be accepted.
- There is no purchase necessary.
- Any entries which have been submitted using scripts, automated systems, collaborative practices or via a third party, or for commercial gain will be deemed invalid. Entrants may only enter the promotion, for personal non-commercial use only.
- Please refer to the promotional page on the Website for full details of the great prizes on offer.
- Each participating pub will choose a nomination (or potential local legend!) from all complete, eligible and properly submitted nominations. Winning local entries will be notified within 30 days of the Closing Date.
- If your nomination/entry is selected as the winning local entry, we will contact you using the details provided on the Website and ask that you contact the nominee on our behalf in order that we may get in touch with them to: (1) allow the nominee the opportunity to accept the nomination and entry on the shortlist to potentially win the Main Prize; (2) corroborate the details of the nomination if applicable; and (3) confirm any other details or consents applicable to this promotion.
- If any nominee does not wish to accept the nomination and entry on the shortlist, the entry/nomination will be cancelled. Following cancellation of an entry for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to select a runner up entry from the participating pub(s) in substitution.
- Subject to clause 11, all winning local entries will form a shortlist and will be in with a chance of winning the Main Prize. The Main Prize winner will be notified within 60 days of the Closing Date.
- All prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and no cash equivalent is available.
- Whilst the Promoter will make every effort to honour the advertised prize(s), the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any prize with an alternative of a similar value if circumstances dictate this.
- The re-naming of the participating pub and commemorative beer is temporary and the exterior signage of the participating pub is unlikely to be changed. The actual name(s) will be mutually agreed between the Promoter and the Main Prize winner, but the Promoter will have the final say. The Promoter and its group retain and reserve all rights in its tangible assets (such as its pubs and beer) and intangible assets (such as copyright and other forms of intellectual property at all times.
- The winning local nominations will be determined by the House Manager of the nominated Pub and the overall Main Prize winner will be determined by our third party brand agency.
- The criteria used to select the winning nominations is as follows: a story that moves or inspires us; an example of resilience or strength against adversity; an act that shows care in the community; a story that has brought joy to others. The judges' decisions are final.
Facebook / Twitter / Instagram or other media Platforms
- This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and by participating in the promotion, each entrant agrees to completely release the relevant platform (or platforms(s)) from any claims or damages the entrant may suffer in connection with their participation in the promotion.
Rules for All Nominations/Entries
- All submissions/entries or content uploaded to the Website must comply with the following “Content Rules”:
- be in the English language;
- not name or refer to any individual other than the entrant or nominee (or include any third party personal information);
- not contain the details image or likeness of any individual under the age of 18;
- not contain any material that infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including copyright infringement;
- not contain material that is inappropriate, contains nudity, is indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, illegal, unlawful, hateful, disparaging, defamatory, slanderous or libellous;
- not contain any swear words, offensive or vulgar language or other coarse language;
- not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, political belief, sexual orientation or age; and
- not contain any computer virus, bugs, Trojans or other malicious, invasive or harmful code.
Data Protection and Privacy
- In accordance with the current guidelines that govern promotions in the UK, if you nomination is chosen as a main prize winner, we may publish, or make available on request, information that confirms an award took place – that is your surname, county and, if applicable, the entry itself. You have the right to object, or to ask for less information to be made available. If you wish to object, or if you have any questions or comments regarding data and privacy, please contact our data team by emailing DataSecurityInformation@marstons.co.uk
- We may wish to use your personal data (and the personal data of the nominee) to announce the winner, share their “Local Legend” story, execute the Main Prize and for other reasonable promotional purposes connected to the promotion. If you wish to object, please reject the nomination as set out in clause 11.
Limits on the Promoter's responsibilities and Indemnities
- Winners agree to be fully responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and/or tax liabilities incurred in claiming and using the prizes. The Promoter will not be responsible for any loss or injury resulting from entry into the promotion or a winner's acceptance and/or use of the prize.
- Winning nominations will be notified using the contact details they submitted on the Website. The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to contact the winning entrants to arrange for the delivery of the prize, but if there is no response within 7 days, or the contact details are invalid, or the nominee does not accept the nomination, the Promoter reserves the right to re-allocate the prize without liability to the first winner.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for losses, failures or delays relating to circumstances beyond its reasonable control including (but not limited to) acts of God, pandemics (including Covid-19 and any associated local lockdowns) war, strikes, disputes, third party website or platforms (including social media) not in its direct control.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury to an entrant that is not reasonably foreseeable. The Promoter's responsibility for any damage, loss or injury to an entrant under these terms and conditions or otherwise in connection with the promotion shall be limited to the value of the prize won by the entrant and/or the nominee.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit entrants' ability to participate in the promotion. The Promoter does not guarantee that the Website will be operational on any specific device or system or that it will be error free or available all the time.
- The Promoter will be liable for any death or personal injury arising from its negligence. Nothing in these terms and conditions will exclude that liability or any other liability, which it is not lawful to exclude.
- Each entrant will indemnify (and will keep indemnified) the Promoter and its affiliates against all costs, claims, losses, damages, expenses (including legal expenses) or other liability arising as a result of a breach of these terms and conditions, negligence or any other action which imposes an unreasonable burden on the Website including (but not limited to) the use of software robots.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Subject to clause 23, the name and county of the main prize winners can be obtained for up to 6 months following the closing date by sending a self-addressed envelope to the Promoter’s address set out above citing the name of the promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants or nominees who the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing are in breach of these conditions.
- The Website may contain links to other websites, including those belonging to the Promoter's partners. These links are provided for convenience and are not under the control of the Promoter and as such we make no warranty, either expressed or implied, concerning the content of such sites including claims of infringement or that such sites are devoid of viruses or error free.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the prize draw or amend these terms and conditions without prior notice at any time, for whatever reason, and without liability to any entrants for doing so. Please check these terms and conditions regularly as any changes are effective immediately upon posting to the Website.
- The rights and remedies of the Promoter under these terms and conditions are without prejudice to its rights under the law. These terms and conditions shall not create any rights or benefits enforceable by any third party by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- These terms and conditions are made under English law. Any dispute or claim that an entrant or the Promoter brings in relation to or in connection with these terms and conditions or the promotion will be decided on the basis of English law by the English and Scottish courts alone.
- It is not the intention of this promotion in any way to encourage people to consume excessive amounts of alcohol. The Promoter encourages responsible drinking. For the facts, visit drinkaware.co.uk
- If you have any questions or comments regarding this promotion, or these terms, please contact us at the above address or using the “Contact Us” section of the Website. Please clearly state the name of the promotion.